These ten prints are my final test pieces before i created my final piece and with these test pieces I also asked and received some feedback. But all these images are movie stills so I can’t use these for my final piece. For these prints I made them the same way as I made the other prints previously.
Like the previous prints, they are quite simple in the way they aren’t many complications and there is limited shading. I chose to do this again because I like the simplicity of the style and the random textures that comes from the ink because it creates an unpredictable effect but sometimes there is too much extra ink marks like in the 4th,7th and 8th image. But in some of the images I feel the textures work perfectly with the lines, such as in the final piece all the extra ink marks avoid important parts of the mono-print but they make it more interesting and rough.
Once I had finished the prints, I asked for feedback that would improve the prints off of several people. They said that textures or more textures need to be added, there needs to be more colors and shading and in some images the size of the paper needs to be cropped or the drawing expanded so that it fills the page. When I take these prints into Photoshop I intend to use the textures that I made from other prints to place over these original mono-prints to make it more lively. While I’m editing the prints I’m also going to incorporate colors and experiment with just one color to create simple designs, I’m also going to test coloring the whole design with individual colors for different sections of the print to create a more detailed design.
Overall I’m glad with how these prints turned out but once I have incorporated color into the designs and textures they could look many times better.